Trump said last month his administration was in touch with four different groups about the sale of the platform, without identifying them.

The White House has been involved to an unprecedented level in the closely watched deal talks, effectively playing the role of an investment bank.

Trump has also said that he would consider a deal for TikTok where China agrees to approve the sale of the short video app owned by ByteDance in exchange for relief from US tariffs on Chinese imports.

Private equity firm Blackstone is discussing joining ByteDance’s non-Chinese shareholders, led by Susquehanna International Group and General Atlantic, in contributing fresh capital to bid for TikTok’s US business, Reuters has reported.

The future of the app used by nearly half of all Americans has been up in the air since a 2024 law, passed with overwhelming bipartisan support, required ByteDance to divest TikTok by Jan 19.

The app briefly went dark just before that deadline.

Trump, after taking office for a second term on Jan 20, signed an executive order seeking to delay by 75 days the enforcement of the law, allowing TikTok to continue its operations in the US temporarily.

Share.

Leave A Reply

© 2025 The News Singapore. All Rights Reserved.