MOSCOW: Russia and Ukraine accused each other on Wednesday (Apr 2) of launching new attacks against each other’s energy facilities, in violation of a US-brokered moratorium.

Both sides said they were providing details of the alleged violations to the United States, which got Moscow and Kyiv to agree the limited truce last month as a hoped-for stepping stone towards a full ceasefire.

Russia’s defence ministry said Ukraine had conducted drone and shelling attacks in the western Kursk region that cut off power to over 1,500 households.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said a Russian drone hit an energy substation in Sumy region and artillery fire damaged a power line in Dnipropetrovsk, cutting off electricity to nearly 4,000 consumers.

The administration of US President Donald Trump is impatient with both sides to move faster towards ending the three-year war.

Share.

Leave A Reply

© 2025 The News Singapore. All Rights Reserved.